Sunday 28 September 2008

Movie Review: Rob Zombie's Halloween (2007)

Hi all. I thought it would be a good idea to add reviews as well as discussions so here goes with my first review:

Usually I find remakes dull in comparison to original movies but Rob Zombie definitely proved me wrong!! I was never a fan of the original Halloween as I found it to be a typical cheesy slasher flick, very un-original and un-inspired but when I saw Rob Zombies remake I was astounded. It was creepier, darker, more sinister and yet more realistic than the original. Rob Zombie showed us a side of Michael Myers we never knew existed, he showed us a look into his past and what made Michael the way he was. Zombie is by far a directing genius just as much as he is a musicla genius and I really hope he releases a sequel, or releases a remake of a classic like Friday 13th. I was on the edge of my seat all through this movie just as I was through House of 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects. Robs twisted imagination definitley has a home in horror as his movies are the creepiest most twisted and sadistic I have ever seen and I must admit I love it!!!

Cast:
Malcolm McDowell = Dr. Samuel Loomis
Scout Taylor-Compton = Laurie Strode
Tyler Mane = Michael Myers
Daeg Faerch = Michael Myers (age 10)
Sheri Moon Zombie = Deborah Myers
William Forsythe = Ronnie White
Danielle Harris = Annie Brackett
Kristina Klebe = Lynda
Skyler Gisondo = Tommy Doyal
Danny Trejo = Ismael Cruz
Hanna Hall = Judith Myers
Tom Towles = Larry Redgrave
Bill Moseley = Zach 'Z-Man' Garrett
Leslie Easterbrook = Patty Frost
Steve Boyles = Stan Payne

I hope this review is helpful and Let me know what you think. laters all!



























































No comments: